- In Action
- Knowledge & Resources
- About Us
- News & Events
- Members / Associates
Senior Technical Adviser
Nicky Cariglia has a BSc in Marine Biology and an MSC in Tropical Coastal Management. She joined ITOPF in 2012 and since then has provided on-site assistance on several spills worldwide. As part of the support provided by ITOPF following the active phase of spill response, Nicky has been involved in a number of activities. This has included the provision of advice on fisheries and environmental impacts, post-spill monitoring studies and claims assessments.
ITOPF Working Groups
Before joining ITOPF, Nicky worked for an environmental and fisheries management consultancy. She worked on a number of projects focussing on various aspects of fisheries management issues, including; stock assessment, monitoring, control and surveillance, environmental impact assessment and policy review.
Prior to this, Nicky worked on a number of coral reef management projects funded by the World Bank and NGOs in Maldives, the Philippines and Fiji.
- English (Native)
- Italian (Fluent)
- French (Intermediate)
- Spanish (Intermediate)
Cariglia N, Wilson SK, Graham N, Fisher R, Robinson J, Aumeeruddy R, Quatre R and Polunin NVC (2013) Sea cucumbers in the Seychelles: effects of marine protected areas on high-value species. Aquatic Conservation, 23 (3). pp. 418-428
- 06/11/2014 - Philippines National Contingency Planning Workshop
- 13/02/2015 - ITOPF attends Petroleum Association of Japan Workshop
- 31/03/2015 - ITOPF Attends INTERSPILL 2015
- 10/12/2015 - ITOPF in Greece
- 17/05/2016 - ITOPF participates in national workshop in Cape Verde
- 27/06/2016 - ITOPF attends Premiam Conference
- 27/09/2016 - ITOPF seminar at GARD, Arendal, September 2016
- 14/10/2016 - ITOPF delivers training at GI WACAF sub-regional workshop in Namibia
- 23/05/2017 - ITOPF attends IOSC 2017